If you are a club archer or active volunteer who is enthusiastic about introducing new people to the sport and helping them to improve, then the Level 1 Award in Coaching Archery will give you all the skills, experience and resources that you need.
The course has been designed for archers wanting to deliver either single archery sessions or a course for beginners.
• The full course is four days in duration, including the assessment, delivered over a period of 12 weeks.
• Learners also need to take part in 12 hours of ‘supported practice’ between day two and day four of the course. This is where you practice coaching in your own time, for example at your local club.
To attend the course you need to be:
• A minimum of 15 years old by the first day of the course.
• When coaching, learners under the age of 18 should be supervised by a legally responsible supervisor.
We’ve provided some guidance about the course below. This will give you full details about the terms of enrolment onto the course, and also sets out how learners who have a disability or difficulty can access specific arrangements and support.
• Guidance for Learners
• Information for non members
• Complaints procedure and Assessment appeals procedure
• Policy for Access to Reasonable Adjustment and Fair Assessment
Planned courses and bookings
Level 1 courses taking place across the UK can be found below.
Courses are organised on a local basis by County Coaching Organisers and other course organisers. To book your place on a course simply complete the Learner Application Form below, and return it along with payment to the advertised course organiser.
Application form: Level 1 Learner Application Form